Code of Business Ethics
Unilava has adopted a set of principles for responsible business intended to succinctly
express Unilava’s commitment to ethical and legal business practices on a global
reach. These principles define a minimum set of ethical standards for all Unilava
employees and its subsidiaries worldwide and are meant to reflect cultural differences
in international locations. Unilava adheres to strict standards of honesty and conducts
business with uncompromising integrity and professionalism. These principles:
- Reflect a corporate decision on performance of activities on a global scale
- Are relevant to all Unilava employees worldwide
- Are approved and managed by Unilava Executive Office
- Are reviewed on a regular basis
Unilava is committed to ensure the application of internal management systems and
reporting structures to ensure adherence to these principles across our organization.
- Unilava respects, values and welcomes diversity in its workforce, its customers,
its suppliers and the global marketplace. Unilava will comply with applicable laws
and provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability,
veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity. This applies
to all areas of employment. Unilava also provides reasonable accommodation to disabled
applicants and employees to enable them to apply for and to perform the essential
functions of their jobs.
- Unilava will provide a workplace free of sexual harassment as well as harassment
based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability,
veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity. Harassment
of employees by managers, co-workers or non-employees will not be tolerated in the
- Unilava is committed to achieving high standards of environmental quality and product
safety, and to providing a safe and healthful workplace for our employees, contractors,
and communities. We strive to comply with all applicable regulatory requirements
as a minimum and implement programs and processes to achieve greater protection,
where appropriate. We seek a healthful and safe workplace, free of occupational
injury and illness. We strive to conserve natural resources and reduce the environmental
burden of waste generation and emissions to the air, water, and land.
- Unilava expects its suppliers to comply with applicable laws concerning occupational
health, safety and environmental protection, to strive for a workplace free of occupational
injuries and illnesses, and to engage in manufacturing that minimizes impact to
the environment and the community. We expect suppliers to maintain progressive employment
practices that meet or exceed all applicable laws. These include nondiscrimination
in employment practices, prohibiting the use of child or forced labor, providing
minimum wages, employees’ benefits and work hours. In the event local standards
do not exist, suppliers shall nonetheless establish progressive employment practices
and shall apply U.S. standards where appropriate.
- Unilava will not employ anyone under the age of 16 in any position. Unilava expects
its suppliers to comply with this expectation in placing contingent workers on Unilava
- Unilava honors the personal privacy of consumers, customers and employees. Unilava
is committed to user privacy in our products and services. We support consumer choice
and informed consent.
- Unilava will provide a secure business environment for the protection of our employees,
product, materials, equipment, systems and information.
- Unilava prohibits bribes and kickbacks. Unilava employees may not offer or accept
a bribe or a kickback. Bribes and kickbacks are prohibited either directly or through
a third party.
- Unilava encourages competition, which benefits consumers by prohibiting unreasonable
restraints on trade. Unilava competes vigorously while at the same time adhering
to both the letter and spirit of antitrust laws.
- Unilava is committed to treating our employees fairly and strives to provide them
safe jobs and competitive compensation. We encourage our employees to share their
ideas, concerns, or suggestions through an environment of cooperation and teamwork.
Unilava recognizes that in many of the countries we operate, employees have the
right to associate or to not associate with third-party organizations. Unilava respects
those rights and is committed to complying with all applicable laws regardless of
where we operate.
We are committed both to continuous improvement in our performance and to sharing
the knowledge that we gain with our employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders,
the communities in which we live and work, the scientific community, government
and the industry.